Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hope For Relational Death With Siblings - Letters From The Dead

‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
    and to turn away from evil is understanding.’

There are three ways of looking at relational matters. 1) How do I feel about it?

2) How do others feel about it?  3) What is the objective reality? (What is God's Word on the issue?)


Homeless, penniless, and abandoned by any hope of help from any sibling....in late August 2011; I had some baggage to lay down. Baggage; that I can describe as a widely held traditional view of holding on to familial relationships {at any cost}; even those that are beyond repair.

As a Christian since March 2009; I laid the lordship of my own life down; and received the Lordship of the One who was nailed to a Cross and died in my place; fully atoning for {all} my sin. Jesus Christ was resurrected with a new, glorious body and yet lives as the Lord of the Universe right now.

By my Faith in Him, I received a new Birth, a gift of His Holy Spirit and entrance into His Kingdom eternal. By Baptism by Faith in Him, I was reckoned to be [In Him] and {my old, man of willful disobedience to God} was nailed to His Cross....

In {His Resurrection}; I am called to also walk in that newness of life.....free from the bondage {baggage} of sin....in righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 

Can we not do the same with dysfunctional relationships? Well, that is what I did in August 2011.....I am still waiting in hope for the resurrection(s).

Herein lies the wisdom from my God. The {relationships with the baggage were condemned to death}...not the people...

1) People are not condemned ....
2) All the guilt of the past is wiped away....
3) There is no more living in the past....
4) People are free to participate in a resurrected, baggage-free relationship if they choose to do so....
5) Each new revived relationship; has new Christian standards....

Loving one another as Christ has loved us...with His unconditional, self-sacrificial Love....willing to bear relational uneasiness for Christ's Kingdom's sake and patiently and faithfully enduring trials therein....even until death....

The first start is to love without hypocrisy....speaking honestly and truthfully in love, 
and not gossiping behind the backs of loved ones....

This is not new wisdom; this is what I have found in Paul's letters in the New Testament.

This is my story .... and I am sticking to it. 

If this sounds good to you...give me a call...or email.

I am only dead to the past...I am alive to the hope of the high calling in Christ Jesus Our Lord.

Amen.         "Wisdom is proved right by all its results"  from Luke 7:35

No comments: