Monday, November 06, 2006

Problems...Driving...More Problems?

Well, what issue should I attack first. I think I should start with an issue that has plagued untold millions of people everyday, for many, many years, especially here in Metropolitan USA.

LET"S TALK ABOUT DRIVING! Where should I start?
The people that have been in charge of transportation and its funding here in the U.S. since the 50's couldn't be more negligent and should be in jail! These extremely powerful people have been partly responsible for the innumerable headaches, accidents, deaths, mayhem, incredible fuel consumption and pollution resulting from not having modern Western European transportation here.

But, even if you accept the situation as it is, we then come to an issue that will insult almost everyone. Is it, perhaps, that I alone have discovered a SCIENTIFIC METHOD of driving in high density urban traffic? As I look around on the clogged, parking lot-like freeway every day, I notice that I am THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS IT! HELLO!!! THE GOAL IS TO MOVE!!!!!! So why does everyone get right up to the bumper of the car that is stopped in a long line of vehicles?

Because of STUPIDITY. This scenario proves conclusively that almost universally, humans inanely follow the crowd and are like sheep, just blindly following the car, (fashion statement, lifestyle, etc.), that is ahead of them, instead of thinking an original thought and doing something smart.

WHAT DO I DO? I am not that smart and I figured it out...... First of all, only intelligent people follow this rule ....One car length distance for every 10 mph. So already you have, at least, a 6 or 7 car length gap between you and the car ahead of you. Then, when I see the cars jamming up...heres the clue...BRAKE LIGHTS... I slow down to a crawl, and my goal is ..NEVER TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP, that is the goal of driving, right?

So, if EVERYONE on the freeway was driving as close as possible to the same speed, that narrow margin of speed , and EVERYONE was driving as a "team", instead of a bunch of selfish, inane drones; driving too close; too fast or too slow, and weaving and lane changing..... guess what?

We would be driving safer, slower, and always be moving forward in heavy traffic, plus we would all get there as quick as is possible and we would not be stressed out.

CHECK THIS OUT! Have you noticed when you are in a line of stopped cars , that are bumper to bumper at a red light, and you are in the fifth car from the front ; when the light changes to green, you must wait until the car ahead of you moves, and the car in front of you waited for the car in front of it, and so on and so on.

But, if there was, JUST (1) CAR LENGTH between each vehicle stopped at the light, when it turned green, each vehicle could take off at the same time !!!!! Imagine that... roadways moving more uniformly than chaotic! The choice is ours...To Clog...Or Not To Clog.....

This needs to be carefully taught everywhere! Join me in the "Sanity While Driving " campaign. PASS IT ON, PLEASE!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am totally laughing my expletive delete off! Makes too much sense for the "average" driver to comprehend, however...